Monday, May 20, 2019

Lets Talk About "GOT" Season 8 Episode 6 .. The Finale  Fire and Blood

Let me first say that I have posted a number of reviews on GOT.. and after watching Season 8 Episode 6 The Finale.. well of course I have to try and put my thoughts into words..

Sadly I am disheartened as I am certain many other viewers are right about now..  After all in the end.. Again I am left feeling as though the "powers that be" .. rushed to end the series.. Leaving all of us to want for a more deserving end.. and I seriously doubt the so to speak "powers that be" gave a second thought to the "Do Over Petition" requested by a vast number of die hard GOT fans that circulated recently .. I myself, felt a "Do Over" ending was never going to fly .. since the series was a wrap well before the first episode of Season 8 aired..

However I am going to do my best to give my final thoughts about the dismal ending of this epic series.. Going into Season 8 I think like many I had high hopes for Jon and Daenerys to reign together after winning the war against the White Walkers.. even going so far to think that we might find in the beginning of Season 8 that Daenerys was pregnant with Jon's son.. After all at the end of Season 7 not only did they fall in love with one another but we all learned that Jon was actually a Targaryen..

However I think upon learning that Season 8 was going to be only six episodes everyone including myself.. thought that it was going to be a rushed Season possibly resulting in a large number of causalities during the war with the Night King's army of the dead..  GOT fans speculated that perhaps Jon or Daenerys would be killed during the conflict.. leaving the other to ultimately reign over the seven kingdoms.. or perhaps the Night King might win.. killing everyone we so dearly loved in one of the most gruesome endings ever produced.. The theories were endless..

Yet I think once Season 8 Episode 1.. started and we saw everyone arriving at Winterfell in order to prepare for the war against the Night King and the dead.. most fans including myself.. eagerly awaited what most assuredly was to come..

Episode 2 .. however saw Jamie Lannister arrive and tell how Cersei had lied on her intention to fight against the Night King's army.. It also highlighted the contention between Daenerys and Sansa, as well as the discord with Jon after him telling Daenerys of his true identity.. However the most revealing take a way from Episode 2 .. was simply that the Night King and the White Walkers were at their door.. 

Episode 3.. The battle between the Night King's army of dead .. Truly the only Episode within Season 8 .. that I loved.. it was an epic battle that ultimately delivered.. leaving most of the main characters alive.. Definitely an amazing battle that included Melisandre's incantations along with insightful words to Arya.. 

Episode 4 .. was unfortunately unsettling for many GOT viewers including myself.. after such a hard battle ..Daenerys quickly announces that another battle is left to fight.. The "Last War" ..the one with King's Landing.. must be waged.. Daenerys also takes note at how much Jon is adored .. begging him not to disclose his identity.. but of course he feels as though he has to tell his sisters.. and upon traveling to King's Landing one of Daenerys dragons is killed.. along with Missandei is captured and beheaded on order of Cersei.. Leaving Daenerys visibly angry and seeking revenge..

Episode 5 .. was the King's Landing war.. resulting in what could have been the easiest war waged ..instead ceased and became a blood bath when Daenerys who easily took out the Iron Fleet, scorpions and Cersei's soldiers.. suddenly snapped at the realization that her need for revenge was not quenched..  thereby unleashing her dragon on the city.. killing thousands of innocents .. and destroying King's Landing..

Episode 6.. The Finale..  After seeing Daenerys flip to the "mad queen" last week many GOT fans including myself.. sit down tonight to watch the finale of Game of Thrones .. with only one thing in mind.. Who will kill Daenerys?  As well as if the series is going to play out in this disappointing way.. her death has to take place and someone has to take her place on the throne..  Theories abound including Jon kills her and then he reigns as King of the Seven Kingdoms.. Arya takes on Jon's identity and kills her.. Tyrion finds Jaime and Cersei and kills her .. but in no way did I see or even fathom at what lack luster magnitude the finale would play out..

Yes.. Daenerys dies at Jon's hand..but overall the episode is simply too rushed and than it is over..
The End..  Leaving me as many other GOT fans.. sad and with no real closure.. it is just OVER..

__________________________________________________________________________________

Game of Thrones 2011 - HBO's GOT has led in series since the moment it appeared, with a huge following of viewers.  It has an outstanding cast, exceptional story, dynamic special effects and although sadly Season 8 ends the series.  I have no doubt they will go out on top.. and be viewed in record numbers by dedicated followers.

While I am not going to give you the details of the series know that it is a dramatic fantasy series with huge attention paid to its medieval realism.  From the start it has generated buzz over its battle over good vs evil, hedonistic and political palace intrigue this series continually keeps you on the edge of your seat..  

Trust me this series will completely keep you spellbound, it has everything anyone could want and after the conclusion there will be so many dedicated followers left wanting more ( including me.. )
I cannot sing the Game of Thrones praises more other than saying many series come and go but the ones of this quality are very few and far between

I know HBO is probably already hard at work to provide everyone follow ups to the series which I hope will be of the same quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment