Monday, August 12, 2019

Exceptional Dog Films Everyone Should See!


The Art of Racing in the Rain 2019 - is a truly touching comedy-drama film based a 2008 book by the same name by Garth Stein.. The film stars Milo Ventimiglia, Amanda Seyfried and Kevin Costner as the voice of Enzo.. a truly exceptional golden retriever..

I truly loved this film.. and found it to be charming, inspiring, and intelligent.. I cried more than once of course..

The film starts out sad showing Enzo as an aged golden retriever lying in front of a door barely moving.. and as you begin to hear his thoughts ..you learn he is telling his store of his life with Denny (Milo Ventimiglia) and Eve (Amanda Seyfried) .. I really don't want to give too much of the story away.. but it is simply amazing... and very touching .. you won't be disappointed.. I have to be honest I have a little rat terrier named Pepper and I love him as much as Denny loves Enzo.. A film truly worth watching..and one that will touch your soul.. LOVED IT


A Dog's Way Home 2019 -  is a family adventure film based on a book by the same name (true story) by W. Bruce Cameron.. The film has an outstanding cast that includes Ashley Judd and Jonah Hauer-King.. The film follows a dog named Bella who travels more than 400 miles to reunite with her owner Lucas (Hauer-King).. The film gives a voice to Bella (by Bryce Dallas Howard) just like the epic classic film Homeward Bound.. Bella meets some friends along the way like a cougar... however her ultimate goal is simply to make her way home..

I have to be honest .. this film is AMAZING.. truly exceptional .. and much like Homeward Bound will tug at your heart strings.. The film is full of drama, charm and pure joy.. Just the type of film any family can enjoy together.. It is very touching and I will be honest the film brought me to tears..

Love Love Loved it.. A definitely must see for the entire family..  Movie Trailer


A Dog's Journey 2019 - is the sequel family comedy-drama film to the 2017 film "A Dog's Purpose".. based on the 2012 book by the same name by W. Bruce Cameron.. 

I have to first say this is a terrific sequel film.. finding myself crying more than once during the film..
In the film Bailey is told at the end of his life by Ethan (Dennis Quaid) that he should protect Ethan's grand-daughter C.J.  so now Bailey has found a new purpose.. to take care of C.J. to protect C.J. and keep her safe.. Amazing film .. and truly best described as some friendships transcend a lifetimes..   Definitely A Must See Film for the Whole Family  Movie Trailer


I have to say one more thing.. I can't even imagine losing my little dog Pepper after all he has been with me through so much ..  but I know that it will come someday.. and I know when that day comes it will surely break my heart and crush my soul..


A Dogs Purpose 2017 -  You should watch this movie.. it is uplifting and shows that a man's best friend does have a divine purpose to be there for us in our time of need.. I have to say this ended up being a real tear-jerker for me because I have just such a dog.. He means the world to me and has been my constant companion through many twists and turns in my life.. I call him my best friend.. I challenge anyone that is an animal lover to watch this movie with their kids.. and see how much joy a dog or any animal for that matter.. can bring to their owners lives..Oh yeah try not to cry..


Honorable Mention..

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey 1993 - is an adventure family comedy .. based on a book by the same name by Sheila Burnford and is a remake of the 1963 film The Incredible Journey..  Homeward Bound is about three family pets that believe they have been abandoned and decide to embark on a journey to make their way home.. Shadow is a Golden Retriever and the oldest of the three (voiced by Don Ameche) , Sassy is a very mouthy Himalayan cat (voiced by Sally Field) and the youngest of the three is Chance a mischievous and immature American Bulldog (voiced by Michael J. Fox)..  the film features many adventures as they struggle to stay together and make their way home to their humans.. Loved Loved Loved it.. truly a film for the whole family.. and a definite must see


No comments:

Post a Comment