Monday, September 9, 2019

More New Movies..

Hustlers 2019 -  is a crime drama film based on a New York magazine 2015 article " The Hustlers at Scores " by Jessica Pressler.. The film is loaded with an outstanding cast including Jennifer Lopez, Julia Stiles, KeKe Palmer, Constance Wu, Lizzo and Cardi B..  The film is about a group of strippers in NYC who after a financial downfall strikes decide to steal money from their wealthy clients by drugging them.. Overall I was looking forward to seeing this film.. after all it is based on a true story and features artists like J Lo and Cardi B.. but I have to be honest the movie doesn't quite live up to the hype.. I enjoyed watching it but after the movie lays out where they went wrong.. which to put it simply is GREED.. I started to lose interest.. which is sad considering I have loved so many of J Lo's films..  Definitely a movie worth watching .. just don't believe all the hype...  real player  and more


Late Night 2019 - is a comedy drama movie that stars Emma Thompson, Mindy Kaling, John Lithgow along with many others..  It took me forever to finally get around to seeing this film.. and I have to say I really enjoyed it.. I had heard from the grapevine it rivaled The Devil Wears Prada.. I personally wouldn't go so far as to say that.. The Devil Wears Prada is in my opinion untouchable.. But Late Night is definitely funny, charming and thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.. The movie is about a late night talk show host who after ratings have dropped off is looking to save her career.. She ends up hiring her first and only female staff writer in order to smooth over diversity concerns.. which brings about some consequences for both women.. and honesty too.. Loved it.. well worth watching..

Crawl 2019 - is a disaster thriller film.. starring Kaya Scodelario and Barry Pepper as a father and daughter struggling to get out of their home and away from alligators during a Category 5 hurricane .. I have to say even though the film met with mixed reviews.. I really enjoyed it.. and thought in the right setting .. such as Louisiana ..or Florida everglades.. this scenario is definitely horrifying.. The film is brutal ..primal and keeps your attention from start to finish.. well worth watching.. Trailer






More to Come..


No comments:

Post a Comment