Monday, December 24, 2018

Best Action, Superhero films

I have to say I have always been partial to action movies, especially the ones that highlight some kind of drama, thriller dynamics.. typically films with real stories I can identify with.. However here lately I have been watching an increasing number of superhero action movies, even though I have never been a big fan of them.. Possibly because these type of films have really improved over the years by adding stronger female roles.

1. Black Panther 2018  - Marvel superhero action film with an outstanding cast highlights a superhero who unites some African tribes to form Wakanda who have developed advance technology and come to isolate themselves by posing as a third world country. Without giving away too much of the storyline someone comes to Wakanda to challenge its ruler for the throne. The movie has many strong female roles and highlights family dynamics. I found it an extreme action thrill ride and very watchable for everyone of any age.

2. Avengers Infinity War 2018 -  Infinity War is the newest film released of the Avengers Marvel superhero films and highlights how because of the Infinity Stones all of the Superheros have to unite to protect their world and universe from those looking to use the stones for evil.  At least that is how I will try to describe this film.  It has an outstanding cast, and all of the superheros unite to stand and fight to keep evil from winning.  I was completely thrilled with this movie and would say it has everything any superhero movie watcher could ever want.  Thumbs up up up.. you want be disappointed.  Avengers End Game is scheduled to be released in April 26 2019 Trailer 

3. Aquaman 2018 - DC comics superhero based movie for me was an extremely interesting action flick. While I admittedly have no prior knowledge of comic storylines and have never been much of a fan of superhero films. I was totally engrossed in the story of a normal lighthouse man rescuing a princess of Atlantis during a storm and then them having a son with the ability to speak to animals and breathe under the sea.  The movie quickly progresses into a struggle between two sons rights to the throne.  I would describe this movie pure enjoyable action and a definite must see.. 

4. Suicide Squad 2016 - is a superhero film based on a DC Comics supervillian team .. it has an outstanding cast (including Will Smith, Jared Leto, and Margot Robbie) that I actually think makes the movie the hit that it is.. the story is based on a team of supervillians offered release to execute a government mission and save the world.. The soundtrack also adds a great backdrop for the movie and even though the movie is a superhero action film is actually has a lot of comedy with a touch of dark romance between Harley and her man the Joker.. I really enjoyed this film and it has a huge fan base.. Gotta love supervillians that save the world.. 

Birds of Prey  Harley Quinn is Back scheduled for release February 7 2020 Trailer

5.  Captain Marvel 2019 - is a superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Danvers (Brie Larson) ..The film has an outstanding cast that includes Samuel L. Jackson, Jude Law and Annette Bening...  The film follows Danvers (Larson) as she becomes Captain Marvel when Earth was caught between two alien worlds during a galactic conflict..

I enjoyed the film from start to finish.. The film has everything .. its funny, packed with action.. a young blonde badass girl (Larson), Samuel L. Jackson, aliens and a cat.. What more could you want? All kidding aside.. I enjoyed it.. and definitely think anyone that enjoys superhero films will as well.. Let me know what you think?

6.  Venom 2018 - is a superhero film Marvel Comics .. The film focuses on Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy / Venom) an investigative journalist in search of a big story.. that after getting access into a top secret facility gains superpowers after being taken over by an alien symbiote (life form) whose species plans to invade Earth..

The film is full of action and humor.. I have to be honest I avoided watching it for quite sometime since as previously stated I have never been big on superhero films.. but after seeing the film.. I can honestly say I loved it.. I found it to be a perfect mixture of humor and action (Loved the motorcycle chase) .. as well as some great visual effects..  A definite must see .. and Tom Hardy was outstanding..


No comments:

Post a Comment