Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Some of My New Favorite TV Shows

1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 2017 - This Amazon TV series at first may not seem to be too interesting however you would be completely wrong.  Mrs. Maisel started last year married to an aspiring non funny man who in all her Jewish glory quickly showed herself to be an extremely hysterical woman on stage. She is relevant to women everywhere even though the show is set within the 50s, her satirical humor is extremely contagious. The series sports a talented cast and pays close attention to even the smallest details of the era. Very unique series well worth watching, and it will definitely make you smile.

2. God Friended Me 2018 -  This CBS comedy just finished the first season and has definitely won me over.  The series is based on a young man named Miles Finer who is or was as the case maybe a self-proclaimed atheist whose life is complicated when he receives a friend request from God on social media.  He soon learns that the friend requests sent by God are people who need his help in some way.  There is a lot more to the story but I don't want to give too much away from this adorable and extremely well written storyline.  I will just say that any uplifting show in this day and age is an improvement we all should embrace.

3.  The Neighborhood 2018 - This CBS comedy series is a winner.  The story is a young white family from Michigan moves into a black neighborhood in LA.  The cast is outstanding and is led by Cedric the Entertainer who sees the new neighbors friendly and naïve demeanor as somewhat annoyingly hilarious.  This is definitely a show full of chuckles galore and in this day and age it does show that while everyone is different we are essentially the same.  After all it takes a village and change can start by simply being neighbors.

4.  Escape At Dannemora 2018 - This Showtime mini-series is based on a real 2015 prison escape of two inmates..( David Sweat and Richard Matt ) from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York.  Their escape was aided by a female employee of the prison who was engaged in some sorted sexual and romantic triangle with the two prisoners.  Their escaped incited a huge manhunt in which  Richard Matt was killed and David Sweat was captured.  The woman, Joyce "Tilly" Mitchell who aided the prisoners was charged and convicted of facilitating criminal activity and promoting contraband.  When I started watching the series I had no memory of the escape yet after fact checking I now am obsessed with this series.  The story is literally insane how this delusional female was able to engage in inappropriate relationships with both inmates and bring into the facility tools to help them escape from the prison.  Trust me you will find yourself completely immersed in this series.  The cast is outstanding and literally unrecognizable in their performances. Ben Stiller directed the series and in my opinion has done an outstanding job.  Watch this mini-series you will not be disappointed.

Note: This mini-series has just finished up, however I do hope that Ben Stiller finds other similar works to direct as this mini-series was outstanding and I one that I highly recommend.

5.  Dirty John 2018 - This drama thriller series is on Bravo and while I didn't think it would be all that interesting at first I actually found myself screaming at the TV.. Not because I found the main character Connie Britton totally clueless but because in some ways I saw a little of myself in her.. Sad to say but I was doing fine in my life (many times over) and because I wanted someone so desperately I was naïve and believed what (men) told me without checking their stories out first.. Another confession is I was almost killed by a man who I hardly knew and even though I can look back on it and see my mistakes now at the time I was as gullible as she is .. In the show which has really just started she is the epitome of gullible and sad to say but I can see her almost getting away with her life and for that matter putting her own family at risk at the same time.. So yes I find myself screaming at the TV for her lack of ability to see what is directly in front of her.. John Meehan is a con man, a user, a dangerous man who will do whatever he has to do and much like the man I met.. This is a must see for any woman who is looking to meet someone in this social network age, or for that matter you can meet a killer just as easy these days at a bar.. So take it from someone who lived through it .. Be careful, protect your self, your finances, and your loved ones.. Check anyone you meet out before you allow them into your life.. and even when you think you know them .. take your time don't give them access to your family or finances.. Life lessons learned the hard way..  

Note: Just watched the final episode of Dirty John.. and I can only say it was a fitting ending for such a predator as John Meehan.. I now also know more of about the true story behind the show.. I researched case and found that NBC Dateline covered the John Meehan story on January 12, 2018 titled The Women and Dirty John.  I would also like to state for the record the predator that came into my life just as in this show met with his own death in April of 2018... another fitting end to my own "Dirty John" story.. The End




Oxygen Oxygen special on Dirty John - The Dirty Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment