Thursday, December 27, 2018

Crime Drama Movies that Grab Your Attention

1.  Widows 2018 - is a heist drama crime thriller.  The basic premise of the film is a group of women who lost their husbands in a heist gone wrong are threatened by the crime boss that lost loot in the botched deal.  After one of the women find a detailed plan of the next heist in a book by her husband she enlists the other women to complete the next heist in order to repay the debt to the crime boss. The movie than follows the women as they practice and execute the crime.  I do not want to give away too much of the movie but I will tell you the film has an outstanding cast including Liam Neeson, Viola Davis and Robert Duvall just to name a few.  The film also features a dramatic turn of events that will leave you stunned.  This movie is well worth watching and keeps your attention throughout. I enjoyed it very much and have no doubt you will too.

2.  Hell or High Water 2016 - is a crime drama based on two brothers that decide to rob banks in an attempt to save their family ranch.  The movie does a great job at showing the desperation these brothers are going through to come up with the money and the Robin Hood like feel the movie takes on while the brothers are being pursued by two determined Texas Rangers can't be beat. Without giving too many details of this film I will say I found it to be full of action with many enjoyable dramatic performances by the cast.. I thoroughly loved this movie, along with the surprising justice prevails ending.  This is a must see film that I know everyone will love..

3. Gone Girl 2014 - is a thriller crime drama which highlights a man Nick Dunne ( Ben Affleck ) who becomes the prime suspect in the mysterious disappearance of his wife. This movie is full of twists and turns that soon take on a life of their own.. I was spellbound throughout the film and thought the movie did a great job of showing how someone can literally destroy another person after concocting a despicable revenge plan. This movie was a real suspense filled roller coaster ride and a movie I highly recommend. 

4. Panic Room 2002 - is a thriller crime drama is based around a young mother and her daughter (Jodie Foster and Kristen Stewart) being trapped in their newly acquired New York brownstone's panic room after a home invasion. The panic room was built by the previous recluse owner for protection of the occupants from any intruders. The three robbers that break into the home intend to break into the safe that is in the floor of the panic room however they are unaware that the home is no longer empty and the new tenants have already moved in ahead of schedule. While I do not wish to give away any further details of the movie,  I will say that even though this movie is older than the others I have listed it is still one of my favorites. Panic rooms or safe rooms have become steadily more prevalent through the years especially among the wealthy and in my opinion can be a good addition to any home. In fact when I was a young child there was a hidden area within my closet that I always felt would be a great place to hide if there was ever any intruders in my home.  Looking back now I realize that although it was a good place to hide, it would never had protected me in case of a home invasion because the entry could not be secured.  I know that this movie may not be for everyone but I know that even today hidden and safe rooms are still increasingly being built into homes for a variety of purposes.

5. Breaking In 2018 - is a crime thriller based on a young mother (Gabrielle Union) that must protect her children when burglars invade the smart home of her deceased father looking for the contents of a safe. This movie is another home invasion movie that I found to be highly suspense filled. While at times this movie is somewhat predictable I still found it entertaining. It also goes to show even homes with multiple security features can be broken into. 

 6. Kidnap 2017 - is a drama, action packed thriller film based on a young mother (Halle Berry) whose 6 year old son is kidnapped from a local carnival while she is on the phone with her lawyer.. 
I will have to admit this film is attention grabbing from start to finish.. Also like in many other movies I found myself yelling right from the beginning of the film.. at why in the world she would step away to take a phone call ..after all her son is only 6 years old.. However just as in many other movies ..and unfortunately in real life.. sometimes you have to take a step back and remember not everything a person does makes sense.. After all we are all human and sadly everyone is capable of making a mistake.. However some mistakes have horrible consequences..  

It takes only a few minutes for Karla's son to be kidnapped, and after she sees he is missing she frantically searches through the crowd were she sees a woman dragging him into a car..  A chase ensues between Karla's van and the fleeing car with her kidnapped son inside..  

This is a definite must see movie for the entire family.. The film keeps you on the edge of your seat .. and has plenty of thought-provoking moments that cause you as a viewer to think what you would do if you were tasked with the same set of circumstances...



No comments:

Post a Comment