Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Great TV viewing

I probably watch far to many TV shows, but I have been a fan of TV shows and movies for most of my life.. For example I remember when I was a child we only had 3 TV stations and I had my favorite shows and their time slots memorized.  There was early morning shows on the weekdays like Captain Kangaroo daily in the mornings,  Green Acres was on early in the mornings along with Bewitched, and in the afternoons there was Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie and countless others.. On Saturdays there was American Bandstand and Sunday evenings I can remember The Wonderful World of Disney and Wild Kingdom.. Loved each and every one of them ..

Here are a few of the TV shows I now watch, and do my very best to keep up with ..

1.  Younger 2015 - Is an upbeat comedy show about a woman who poses as a younger millennial to get a job at a publishing house.  Ultimately without giving you too many details the show is wonderful and will make you smile..

2.  The Orville 2017 - is a sci-fi comedy and is probably what you would get if you entwined SNL with Star Trek. I love this light-hearted show, and has a wonderful cast including Seth MacFarlane. A real must see comedy..

3.  So You Think You Can Dance 2005 - is a dance competition show that airs yearly.  The show is broken into basically three parts, the open auditions..that take place everywhere around the US and then the academy were they push the dancers in all genres and do cuts as needed until they have the best of the dancers for the live TV show.  Than the live dancers are cut based on the judges and viewing audience.  I love this show and think it is one of the best competition shows at the present time

4.  Dancing with the Stars 2005 - is a yearly dance competition show.  The show invites celebrities from all genres to come on the show and with the help of a professional dancer learns to dance (shake a tail feather) to win the mirror ball trophy.  Everyone I know tries ( just like myself )  to watch every episode when it comes on and vote on the dancers. I know the show has been on for years but it still has a huge viewer following.. Viewers love to see which celebrities can excel at learning ballroom or who actually has two left feet.

5.  The World of Dance 2017 - is another dance competition but with a different format. The show features contestants are from all over the world that are considered to be top dancers in their genre and age group. The judges are Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, and Derek Hough who weed out the dancers to decide who wins a million dollars and is crowned World of Dance champion.

6.  Shark Tank 2009 - is a reality TV show that allows entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to a panel of  investors (sharks) who if interested can invest their own money in their ideas.  I love this show and just like other viewers watch it regularly to see what new products and ideas could be the next big thing..  I think overall a lot of people think I wish I had thought of that.. at least I know I do..

7.  The Voice 2011 - is a singing competition show.  The show like the name is based on contestants that are picked by professional artists solely by their vocal ability.  If more than one professional artist is interested the contestants get to decide which artist they would like to work with.  Over the course of the show the contestants go through a process in order to eventually advance into the live performance phase in which the viewers are allowed to vote.  Almost everyone I know loves this show and a version of The Voice is in almost every country in the world.  Personally I love the blind auditions and seeing the contestants face when they get the attention of the professional artists.

8.  The Four-Battle for Stardom 2018 - is a new singing competition show that I, like many other viewers have fallen madly in love with.  The show has a panel of artists led by Sean Combs who have hand-picked four aspiring artists that start off the show and over the course of weeks other aspiring artists perform (battle) someone in the starting four in order to take their seat and become one of The Four.  The viewers vote on who wins the battle and during the last battle The Four end up taking on each other to decide the winner..  In my opinion this show lets the viewers play a pivotal part of the show throughout the process and keeps you on the edge of your seat cheering for the artists as they advance.

9.  America's Got Talent 2006 - is a reality show that allows contestants from all walks of life, genres, ages, and countries to compete against each other to win a cash prize and the ability to headline a show in Las Vegas.  I can honestly say I watch the show more so to see the variety of the acts, because you see everything from sword swallowing, singers, dancers, and comedians along with every other thing you can imagine.. I really love judges ( Mel B, Howie, Simon, and Heidi ) but have to say I miss Nick Cannon I think he was the best presenter.

10.  Honorable mention Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown.. Anthony Bourdain will be sorely missed by everyone that knew him and even those such as myself that didn't .. His personality and realness came through his shows such as Parts Unknown 2013-2018, No Reservations 2005-2012, The Layover 2011-2013 and many others.  Anthony Bourdain was a celebrity chef, author, and basically a truly superb travel guide through literally every part of the world.. guiding us through the sights, sounds and food of distant lands.. Unfortunately however Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in June of 2018 and for many people including myself left a gaping hole in our hearts.. Although I didn't know him I felt extremely sad that he left this world in that way..

Unfortunately far to many people struggle with mental illness and take their lives leaving a multitude of unanswered questions for those left behind..  I can only pray .. Rest In Peace..

Anthony Michael Bourdain was an American celebrity chef, author, travel documentarian, and television personality who starred in programs focusing on the exploration of international culture, cuisine, and the human condition. He will always be considered one of the most influential chefs in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment