Tuesday, January 15, 2019

New Movies to Definitely Go See

I definitely have started to go see more and more movies on the big screen.. plus it is much easier to see them now that I moved to TN.. Did I mention I live like a block from the theatre.. 

1.  Replicas 2018 - is a sci-fi thriller with an outstanding cast.  The movie tells the story of a neuroscientist (Keanu Reeves) who during a planned trip with his family is involved in a devastating wreck that kills his wife and three children, in which due to his research he can bring back to life.  The science that he has worked on his entire life, he now has to count on to recreate his family.  I really can't say enough about this movie it was absolutely fantastic, it kept my attention from start to finish. It would be wrong for me to give you any details but it is a definite must see and lets just say I can't wait for the sequel.

2. Green Book 2018 - is a comedy drama based on the real life of relationship between classical and jazz pianist Don Shirley and Tony Vallelonga ( known as Tony Lip ) a bouncer who served as a bodyguard and driver for Don Shirley in the 60s.  While I had never heard this story before, this movie was definitely awe-inspiring.  I thought the film represented a good portrait of the era and the dynamics of racial prejudice during the 60s.  I really loved this film and thought that both of the main characters (Mahershala Ali and Viggo Mortensen) did a great job at bringing to life the longtime friendship.

3.  The Mule 2018 - is a crime drama based on the real life story of Leo Sharp (Clint Eastwood) a World War II elderly vet who became a drug carrier (mule) for the Sinaloa Cartel. This movie is totally captivating and charming.  The film also paints a poignant picture of how aging takes a toll on everyone including the star of the film Clint Eastwood to whom did an outstanding acting portrayal of the real life character Leo Sharp who was released from prison in 2015 and passed away in 2016 due to natural causes at the age of 92.

4. Creed II 2018 is a sports drama and the sequel to Creed 2015.  In the first Creed, Apollo Creed's son seeks Rocky's (Sylvester Stallone) help in pursuing his dream of becoming a boxer like his father.  Reluctantly Rocky trains Adonis Donnie Johnson who later has to admit that he is the son of Apollo Creed and wins the title.  In the sequel, Creed II - the title is being challenged but this time by the son of the man who killed his father.  Rocky tries to reason with Adonis but ultimately he takes a severe beating, however Rocky gets him back on his feet and with his wife and newborn daughter Adonis fights his way back... The Rocky franchise has been a huge draw for many years and in my opinion both Creed films effortlessly fall into place in the series.. These types of sports movies insight that winning (come from behind) spirit that is in all of us ..

5. Second Act 2018 - is definitely a feel good woman's movie, it has everything anyone could ask for.. comedy, romance and an outstanding cast including Jennifer Lopez, Vanessa Hudgens, Leah Remini, and Milo Ventimiglia.  In the movie Jennifer Lopez plays a woman in her 40s who wants to move up in her career at a grocery store, however she is passed over for lack of credentials.. Than after a friend's son creates her a fake resume, credentials and a social media presence she is offered a new position ( a second chance ) to live the life that she has always dreamed of..

I have to be honest I not only found the movie extremely enjoyable but also very touching.. After all,  I think many people who have years of experience can identify with being passed over due to a lack of education credentials.. but for me the movie touched on so much more..  Leaving me crying at what she thought she had loss..

In the end, I love Jennifer Lopez and her movies always make me smile and tug at my heart..

Here are some of my other J. Lo favorites..

Selena
The Wedding Planner
Enough
Maid in Manhattan
Shall we Dance
Monster In Law
The Backup Plan
The Boy Next Door

No comments:

Post a Comment