Monday, February 4, 2019

TV TV TV

Everyone watches TV .. Some people probably more than others.. Here are some of my favorites

1. 60 Days In 2016 - is a A&E series that is now in its 5th season.. The show centers around volunteers going undercover as incarcerated inmates in order to improve and provide information that may help the Dept of Corrections.. (including drug availability, gangs, weapons, as well as any correction officer and facility operation flaws.. I have to say I really enjoy this show.. I think while some of the volunteers do quite well and serve a valuable purpose .. giving insightful feedback that may actually benefit not one correctional facility but possibly others.. On the other hand.. some volunteers sadly show us the total flip side of who should be picked for this kind of docuseries .. which I believe can often look as though it is done purposeful in order to achieve higher ratings.. After all having volunteers that from Day 1 show ignorance and disregard for the process as well as quite possibly putting themselves if not other in danger is complete carelessness.. I don't blame the correctional personnel that look as if they are truly attempting to get feedback on their facility.. but I do think once a participant enters the process and is viewed showing inappropriate and possibly compromising behavior I think they should be promptly removed from the facility and in turn the show .. as this may deter others (i.e. Robert Holcomb, Jeffrey Downs).. In season 5 which is now airing thankfully Steve (definitely a troubled person) was removed abruptly after he threatened to expose the program.. which I wholeheartedly agreed with.. 

Season 1 and 2 took place in Clark County Jail located in Jeffersonville Indiana

Season 3 and 4 took place in the ATL's  Fulton County Jail

Season 5 is airing now and documents Pinal County Jail located in Florence Arizona..

2. Botched 2014 - is a reality TV series on E! and follows plastic surgeons Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif as they correct plastic surgeries gone wrong or surgeries done by untrained professions.. I truly love this show.. for many reasons.. Both doctors do everything in their power to help truly horrific problems restoring many of their patients lives.. which I find truly admirable .. They also don't take on surgeries of people that they feel are plastic surgery addicts which I also admire.. Why this show is at times funny it is a great reality show.. and in my opinion one of the best on TV because both of these physicians seem to in the business for the right reasons.. to use their skill to help people get their lives back ..

I have been in healthcare for over 37 years and I can honestly say I would be extremely honored if I ever had the opportunity to work for them... Furthermore I will have to admit ever since I my fourth C-section was performed more than 28 years ago, I've dealt with my own body dysmorphic issues..
that has really affected my life negatively.. So I feel like I have a good idea of how some of their patients must feel to get their lives back..

3. Gordon Ramsey's 24 Hours to Hell and Back 2018 Fox - is the most recent Gordon Ramsey reality show...and follows Gordon Ramsey as he goes on the road to turn around failing restaurants.  The show features a high-tech mobile kitchen semi-truck along with several of Ramsey's staff that retrain the kitchen staff and completely renovate the restaurants.. I love all of the Gordon Ramsey's shows.. which not only includes 24 Hours to Hell and Back, Masterchef, Masterchef Junior and Hell's Kitchen.. I also really enjoyed Kitchen Nightmares that ran from 2007-2014..

Gordon Ramsey has many TV shows both US, and British.. while I am unable to list them all I do know he has more than the ones previously listed..

4. The Profit 2013 - is a reality show on CNBC starring Marcus Lemonis who is a Lebanese born American businessman, philanthropist and television personality .. In the show Mr. Lemonis visits struggling businesses .. reviews their financials and facilities where he may decide to make an offer of his business savvy and an actual capital investment in order to save the company in exchange for a vested interest in the business..  I really enjoy how once Mr. Lemonis hands over the check .. he immediately jumps into changing everything wrong about the businesses .. and at times that can lead to chaos because some of the owners have a hard time with change.. However for the businesses that really do embrace the changes.. the impact Mr. Lemonis can make on their companies is astonishing.. This show is fascinating and unfortunately sometimes the deals fold and Mr. Lemonis has no choice but to walk away from .. mostly due to owners that refuse to accept the change..

5. 20/20 1978 ABC - is a hard hitting prime time news program.. with co-anchors Amy Robach and David Muir.. The show features everything from investigative reports to in-depth interviews.. It is hard to put into words how insightful this show is.. I just know I love it and have watched it faithfully over the years except for when I was overseas with the US Armed Forces..

Other news prime time shows I enjoy and try to stay up to date on watching include:

CBS .. 60 Minutes premiered in 1968 and has withstood the test of time.. and features several different news segments..

NBC.. Dateline premiered in 1992 and has much the same format as 20/20.. highlighting many human interest stories, true crime and in depth investigative specials (i.e. To Catch a Predator)

No comments:

Post a Comment